With caution the drug should be used in elderly patients due to the high probability of the presence of a concomitant decrease in renal function (deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase).
Tavanic tablets parabolan taken orally one or two times a day. Doses are determined by the nature and severity of the infection and the sensitivity of the alleged pathogen. It is necessary to strictly adhere to the instructions for use, as otherwise Tavanic can cause an inadequate effect. Patients with normal or moderately decreased kidney function (creatinine clearance> 50 mL / min.) Can recommend the following dosing regimen of the drug:
- sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses): 2 tablets Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1 time per day (or 500 mg levofloxacin) – 10-14 days;
- exacerbation of chronic bronchitis: 1 tablet Tavanic 250 mg 1 time per day (or 250 mg levofloxacin) or 2 tablets of Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1 time per day (or 500 mg levofloxacin) – 7-10 days;
- community-acquired pneumonia: 2 tablets Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1-2 times a day (or 500-1000 mg levofloxacin) – 7-14 days;
- uncomplicated urinary tract infections: 1 tablet Tavanic 250 mg 1 time per day (or 250 mg levofloxacin) -3 days;
- Prostatitis: 2 tablets Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg – 1 per day (or 500 mg levofloxacin) 28 days.
- complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis: 1 tablet Tavanic 250 mg 1 time per day (or 250 mg levofloxacin) 7-10 days;
- Skin and soft tissue infections: 1 tablet Tavanic 250 mg 1 time per day (or 250 mg levofloxacin) or 2 tablets of Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1-2 times a day (or 500-1000 mg of levofloxacin) 7-14 days;
- sentitsemiya / bacteremia: 2 tablets Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1-2 times a day (or 500-1000 mg levofloxacin) – 10-14 days;
- Intra-abdominal infections: 2 tablets Tavanic 250 mg or 1 tablet Tavanic 500 mg 1 time per day (or 500 mg levofloxacin) 7-14 days (in combination with antibacterial drugs acting on the anaerobic flora);
- comprehensive treatment of drug-resistant forms of TB: 1-2 tablets Tavanic 500 mg 1-2 times a day (500-1000 mg of levofloxacin, respectively) up to 3 months;
Levofloxacin is excreted parabolan mainly by the kidney, so the treatment of patients with renal impairment function is required to reduce the dose of the drug. The relevant information on this matter is contained in the following table:
In sharp dispensing
tablets should be taken without chewing and drinking plenty of fluids (0.5 to 1 cup).In the selection of dose tablets can be broken along the separation groove.The drug can be taken before meals or at any time between meals (see. “Interactions” section).
- Dermal hypersensitivity reactions and overall reaction
- Sometimes the itching and redness of the skin.
Rare: general reactions of hypersensitivity (anaphylactic and anaphylactoid reaction) with symptoms such as urticaria, bronchoconstriction and possible severe asphyxia.
In very rare cases, – swelling of the skin and mucous membranes (such as the face and throat ), a sudden drop in blood pressure and shock; increased sensitivity to sunlight and ultraviolet radiation (see “Cautions.”); hypersensitivity pneumonitis; vasculitis.
In some cases: severe rash with blistering, such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome) and exudative erythema multiforme. General hypersensitivity reactions may sometimes be preceded by lighter skin reactions. The above-mentioned reaction may develop after the first dose in a few minutes or hours after administration.
- The action on the gastrointestinal tract and metabolism
- Common: nausea, diarrhea.
Sometimes, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspepsia.
Rare: bloody diarrhea which in very rare cases, it may be a sign of bowel inflammation and even pseudomembranous colitis (see “Special instructions”.).
Very rare parabolan : drop in blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia), which has particular importance for patients with diabetes; possible signs of hypoglycemia. “ravenous” appetite, nervousness, sweating, tremor
Experience with other quinolones suggests that they are capable of causing an exacerbation of porphyria (a very rare metabolic disease) in patients who are already suffering from the disease. Such an effect is not excluded the application tavanic drug.
- The action parabolan on the nervous system
- Sometimes, headache, dizziness, and / or numbness, drowsiness, sleep disturbances.
Rare: depression, anxiety, psychotic reactions (eg, hallucinations), discomfort (eg, paresthesias in the hands), tremor, psychotic reactions such as hallucinations and depression ., an excited state, convulsions and confusion
Very rare: visual and hearing impairment, disturbances of taste and smell sensitivity, reduction of tactile sensitivity.